FRIENDS OF THE ST AUGUSTINE AMPHITHEATRE
GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY IN 2014
Thanks to Friend and Corporate Sponsor memberships, donations and fundraising events, in 2014, FOSAA was able to:
1. Sponsor a free one-week Children’s Art and Music Camp in July for sixty children.
2. Hold a free Children’s Arts Festival in June, with over 1200 in attendance, featuring activities led by local artists and musicians.
3. Support Murray Middle School’s musical presentations for school children, at the Amphitheatre.
4. Fund a “Lost Skills Workshop” at the Amphitheatre for a local Girl Scout troop.
5. Sponsor a free community performance of the Air Force Band and Singing Sergeants.
6. Present seven free community events for December to Remember
• ”It’s a Wonderful Life”
• Holiday Storytime Reading and Elf Workshop
• Rockapella Holiday Revue
• Manhattan Transfer
• Murray Middle School’s “Yes Virginia”
• Food Trucks and “Home Alone.”
• The St. Augustine Fire Department Chili Cook Off and Double Feature Movie Night.
FOSAA has a twelve member volunteer Board of Directors and earned non-profit status in 2010. FOSAA works to bring increased visibility and usage of the Amphitheatre by the community. FOSAA awards grants to schools and non-profits throughout the year with a special focus on supporting the arts for school children.